Adopt a puppy from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a puppy or
play with a puppy, clean cages or
anything else they need help with.
2. Are you
prepared for puppy parenting? Let us start you off on the right paw! Hire
a professional that can help you. Colleen Paige, founder of National Puppy
Day is a world renowned animal behaviorist and dog trainer and serves all
50 states. She has a team of premiere puppy trainers that can ensure your
puppy grows up to be a happy and well mannered member of your family!
3. Donate money, food and toys to the
Animal Miracle Foundation's Project: Street Dog
program, which provides food, toys, accessories, blankets, cclothing and
medical care to puppies and adult dogs of the homeless and low income.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet
store that sells puppies.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of
Puppy Mills in your state.
6. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their puppy.
7. Have a puppy party and invite all your friends and their
8. Join a fun, dog friendly community online and post pics of your
puppy for the world to ooh and ahh over!
9. Host a community event to raise money for your local animal
10. Have a
Witty Wocks made to preserve the likeness of your puppy forever.
11. Have a
of your puppy to suspend the fleeting magic of
12. Buy your puppy a fun, new puppy toy.
13. Give your puppy some fun exercise by taking him or her to a
puppy play resort.
15. Brush your puppy to eliminate excess fur.
16. Give your puppy a massage or holistic spa treatment.
17. Get your puppy some leash training lessons.
18. Buy your puppy a cute new outfit or fashionable collar and
19. Purchase a fabulous new carrier for your small breed puppy like
this one from
20. Take your puppy to the beach.
21. Throw out all your chemical cleaners and purchase non-toxic
cleaners for your home to keep your puppy cancer-free!
22. Puppy-proof your home and yard with a "puppy safe" inspection.
23. Buy your puppy a beautifully designed original accessory like
these beaded collars from
24. Install a car safety harness to keep your puppy safe during
25. If you haven't already, switch to a holistic brand of puppy
food to keep your puppy healthy.
26. Hire a pet photographer to capture your puppy's fleeting
moments, such as
27. Pamper your puppy in pure luxury by purchasing all natural bath
28. Buy your puppy a comfy new bed.
29. Take your puppy on a pet friendly vacation.
30. Buy yourself and your puppy some matching tee shirts from
Puppy Day Tees!
31. Join our
Facebook page and enter the
World's Most Adorable Puppy contest!
Ends March 31st!
32. From the first bark, make sure that your garden is puppy safe
from toxic plants and materials.
33. Buy a puppy gate to keep your puppy out of hazardous areas of
34. Puppy-proof your pool to prevent the risk of drowning.
35. Buy a canine first aid kit and put it in your car in case of
injury while away from home.
36. Microchip & I.D. Tag your puppy so the shelter can
locate you if he gets lost.
37. Make sure you have all required vaccines and a regular health exam.
38. Pledge to feed your puppy only all natural food and treats.
39. Switch to filtered water only from now on, to prevent illnesses
related to toxins in normal water supplies.
40. Teach your children and their friends to be kind to your puppy
by never pulling on his ears or tail.
41. Pledge to walk your puppy every day for proper health and
42. Teach your puppy some fun tricks.
43. Take your puppy to an elderly community and spread some love.
44. If you like your puppy to snuggle in bed with you, buy him some
puppy steps to make it easy for him to join you.
45. Buy your puppy a designer crate that fits with your interior
46. Make your home pet friendly by choosing pet friendly fabrics
that hold up to your puppy's wear and tear.
47. Install a fence around your unfenced yard so your puppy can run
and enjoy some freedom at home.
48. Pledge to never chain your puppy to a tree or doghouse. Always
include your puppy in your family by letting him live inside the home with
49. Carpet any stairs you may have to reduce risk of injury to your
puppy by slipping and falling.
50. And last but not least - pledge to never yell at or hit your
puppy...to be patient and kind and give your puppy lots of love and praise